Welcome to your Pityriasis Treatment Program.
The below treatment program provides you with many ways to help diminish and eradicate pityriasis.
If you wish to purchase the therapeutic creams or the Practitioner Only Supplements, you will first need to purchase a Health Appraisal Questionnaire, which our naturopath will review once it is completed.
In additional you have been given complementary access to General Lifestyle information and a Stress Management Program.
Please click on the link to access the pityriasis information that you would like to read;
GENERAL SKIN INFORMATION
PITYRIASIS DIETARY RECOMMENDATIONS
If your treatment is for Pityriasis Versicolor follow the Yeast Control Dietary Guidelines. The yeast control diet takes away the fuel that makes the yeast thrive and will weaken it whilst you take your antifungal supplementation.
For all other types of Pityriasis follow the below recommendations;
Alkaline versus Acidic Foods. Always aim to eat to reduce acidity. Find out more here.
If your skin is itchy follow the Histamine Reducing Foods guide.
Gluten Free Diet. Gluten has been linked to other scaling skin conditions such as psoriasis. Learn more about gluten and how removing from the diet may help the skins healing process.
OTHER GENERAL HEALTHY EATING INFORMATION
PITYRIASIS LIFESTYLE RECOMMENDATIONS
- avoid excessive heat and sweating especially in cases of pityriasis versicolor
- reduce sebum production and dead skin cell build up by using cleansers to reduce sebum production
- avoid showering with hot water – hot water will open skin pores and increase chlorine entry, which can aggravate your skin condition
- do regular. light skin brushing daily to remove built up scale and stimulate lymphatic drainage
- exercise daily to stimulate circulation and excrete toxins and excess sebum
- use emollient creams with keratolytic ingredients daily to moisturize the skin and lift the scale
- treat all mood imbalances such as stress, anxiety – these are major triggers of skin problems
STRESS MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
TESTING FOR PITYRIASIS TRIGGERS
- Testing for Triggers of Skin Problems
- Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis
- Food Intolerance Testing
- Check your levels of Vitamin D – your doctor can arrange this blood test. Alternatively we can write a Pathology Request Form for you.
GENERAL HEALTHY LIFESTYLE INFORMATION